Gosden House School has a long and interesting history. The orginal house was built in 1794 on the site of a mediaeval farmhouse. Over the centuries it was lived in by various families including Lady Sitwell and her eccentric family of writers including Edith Sitwell.
In 1919 it was bought by Lord Wandsworth to provide education for orphans “with an agricultural background”. It was opened as Gosden House School in November 1920 with a roll of 17 children.
Surrey County Council bought the property in 1946 and the school was opened as a Special Residential School with just 16 girls.
From this date onwards, Gosden House School has continued to provide an excellent and caring environment for our children.