The role of school governors is to set the school’s strategic direction, to hold school leaders to account for improving performance and to make sure that money is well spent.
There are 8 governors at Gosden House.- Of these:
• 1 is a parent of a child at the school
• 1 is a member of staff
• 1 is approved by the Local Authority
• 4 are co-opted (one of these to be a member of staff)
• 1 is the Head Teacher
The minutes of the termly full governors’ meetings are available from the School Office. The website also contains other reports and documents that the governors have to make available.
• The way in which the school has allocated and used Pupil Premium payments and the impact that these have had on the attainment of the children
• The curriculum that is delivered by academic year and by subject
• The school’s policies in relation to behaviour and charging (for activities such as school trips)
• Links to Ofsted reports and any published achievement and attainment data.
Gosden House Governors
Both the school and the governing body may, from time to time, ask children, parents, staff and the broader community for their feedback on aspects of the school. The outcomes of these questionnaires will be published on the website.