Welcome to the Parents' Page
In this area you will find:
- Medical Support Information
- The school Diary
- Information on Gosden House Catering
- Information on School Menus
- Information about On-Line Payments – the Squid System
- Various Forms to print and complete, covering absences, parental consent and holiday absences
If you require any additional forms or help with anything, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the office on 01483 892008
If you are a current parent and require confirmation of your next review date, please contact Debby Brown, on 01483 892008 - thank you.
Gosden House uniform is provided by an external supplier. Please click the link below to be taken to the site:
If you have any problems with uniform please do contact the supplier in the first instance. Many thanks.
Medicines and Illness
- If your child is unwell in the morning, please do contact the school to inform the office - thank you
- If a child is unwell during school hours we will need to send them home so please ensure your contact details are up to date.
- We keep Paracetamol, Calpol and Piriton in school and, with signed parental permission from a parent/carer, we can administer these medicines.
- All medication MUST come into school in its original pharmacy packaging - we cannot administer medication otherwise.
- Parents/carers must make the school aware of any medication their child taken before school has started with the time the medication has been ( paracetamol, calpol etc) administered.
- If your child requires epilepsy medication or asthma inhalers or an epipen, WE MUST have this medication within school, in line with protocols.
- In the cases where your child has had a bout of vomiting or diarrhoea, children must be kept at home for 48 hrs from the last episode.
Gosden House Medical Officer is Davinia Dunn - if you need to discuss anything or have any concerns please do call the school and ask to speak to her.
From January 2018 School Lunches at Gosden House School will be provided by Innovate.
All Parents/Carers need to register with Innovate, choose their child's meal options and provide payment :
Please follow the link below and if you have any queries or concerns regarding this system or payments, please call Innovate direct on the helpline number provided below.
Registration is available from : Monday 11th December. and all applications need to be received by
20th DECEMBER 2017 (if your child receives free school meals, you will still need to register).
Here is the link to the registration page: https://innovate2016.cashlessschool.co.uk/gettingstarted.html The number to call for queries about orders is 01932 411110 where members of their team will be able to assist, alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note Innovate office hours are 8:30 – 5:00, Monday to Friday
INFORMATION FROM INNOVATE
At Innovate, we offer a compelling mix of high quality food choices and are committed to providing a fresh food service. Our menus we create are designed to provide the students with the very best mix of global and traditional flavours to enhance our customers dining experience, whilst providing well-balanced menus to help support a healthy lifestyle. Food is at the heart of everything we do, below are some of the principles we stick to:
Sourcing responsibly and locally, where possible. Our meat, fresh vegetables and fruit are UK grown and Red Tractor accredited. Using MSC accredited fish and seafood. Eggs that are free range and RSPCA Assured accredited. All of our menus and recipes are fully compliant with the Government School Food Standards.
Innovate design menus to keep the range as accessible as possible to all. To minimise risk from allergens we have no nuts in our kitchens, however we cannot guarantee that all products supplied are nut free as products may be produced in premises where nuts are present. All our staff have undergone allergen training and have a ready reference in the kitchen for all our recipes to be able to answer any queries. Our Regional Business Manager, Katie Clark, is always happy to listen to you and your ideas so if you want to talk, we’re here to listen. We are proactive with the feedback received and work with students, parents and the school to ensure a bespoke service where possible. So we want to hear from you, about your likes and dislikes and your ideas for the future
Parents and Carers are able to pay online for school activities, school trips, clubs, and school meals. You can pay through a secure website called Squid using your credit or debit card .
All parents are issued with a unique login number which you then use to create your username and password. If any parent does not have these details please contact the school office on 01483 892008.
Squid is easy to use and you have the freedom to make payments whenever you want 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you pay, an email confirmation will be sent to you confirming the transaction has gone through. We hope that parents will find Squid a more secure, convenient and reliable option for both them and their child.
The school still accepts payment by cash and cheque but we are encouraging as many parents as possible to use Squid. This will reduce administration and create more time to lend to educational support and the smooth running of the school and will enable us to improve our services to parents.
On-Line Support for Parents
Please find below some useful guidance support documents:
The Cygnet Programme
The Cygnet Programme - A parenting support programme for parents and carers of children and young people aged 5-19 with autistic spectrum condition - please follow the link below for further information and the booklet PDF.