WELCOME TO BADGER CLASS
Year 3/ KS2
Class Techers: Ms K Bircher - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Ms Dunn - Friday
Hello Badger Class!
Welcome to our Class Page on the website. This is the home page for Badger Class and it is where you will find an introduction to the team members, as well as lots of exciting learning opportunities.
From this page, you can useful links to websites and learning resources which can help to practise and develop skills, and also some online learning games. There is also a visual timetable for you to use at home.
There are lots of activity cards created by the staff at Gosden which hopefully give you some inspiration and ideas to explore – use the home learning pack to help! You can also find video clips made by teachers across the school, and selected for our class.
Microsoft Teams Guidance For Parents
- Please ensure you child joins his/her session in a shared space where you can monitor them. Ideal location is a living or dining room with a blank wall background
- Encourage you child if possible to blur or set their background to an appropriate static picture.
- Your child must not be joining Microsoft Teams from their bedroom.
- No pyjamas, pupils need to be dressed appropriately ready for the day.
- Pupils must not instigate one-to-one video calls with any teachers or T.As
- Parents and children should not be using the student’s login to gain access to the contact details of teachers or other students.
- Parents please be mindful that other pupils might see or hear and anything in the background.
- Parent and pupils must not use Microsoft Teams for any non-school related activity.
- Microsoft is not to be used if your child wishes to ‘chat’ online to a friend outside of the learning sessions.
- Please use the technology we have provided responsibly and respect and support our Gosden House staff as they use this new remote teaching tool.
- Any misuse of Microsoft Teams will be seen as a serious breach of trust and referred directly to the school designated Safeguarding Leads including the Head Teacher.
Home Learning timetable
Pre Reading Skills
- House number hunt sheet
- Capacity fun
- digging for letters english
- egg smash phonics
- Playdough and money
- Seasons game and phonics sound game
- shop game maths
- spiders web numbers maths
- target practise phonics
- toy tombola maths
- What can you find letter game english
Other Useful Resources:
Sleep Resources: Kindly shared with us by Freemantles School
- Sleep - Helping your child to self-settle, a summary - May 2020
- Sleep - Top tips to help your child to self-settle - May 2020
- Sleep - What is it, how does it impact us and how to get enough of it - Nov 2020
Microsoft teams will be used at set times to video call with your teacher (you will be made aware of these arrangements if in place). You can also use Microsoft teams to write about what you have been getting up to at home and sharing photos with your child’s class team.
Education city is accessible via your child’s log on (see included card for details) teacher’s will signpost suitable games for them to play and explore.
Other online resources that may be useful include:
- Bug Club link: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
- Education City link: https://go.educationcity.com/?_ga=2.64790890.490120485.1611753958-77830952.1611753958
- Audio books. https://play.calibreaudio.org.uk/
- Calibre Audio Library Free Audio books! - Word Document
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk – good range of maths games
- Cbeebies games
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/Phase2Menu.htm - phonics games
- http://www.familylearning.org.uk/phonics_games.html - phonics games
Things to watch on YouTube:
- Come outside
- Mr Tumble
- Watch people reading your favourite stories.
Things to watch on BBC iPlayer:
- Bed-time stories