WELCOME TO PARKS CLASS
This is our class web page which will give you all the information you need to help with home learning.
Our team consists of Mrs Gidley, Anna Windebank, Wilson, Annette, Kate and Nivi.
We are also part of Sapphire bubble and have Mrs Head, Jane, Germana and Ryan as part of the team.
You can find links to useful websites and learning resources use these to explore different learning opportunities and play online learning games. There is a visual timetable for you to use at home.
There is a variety of activity cards designed by the teachers at Gosden that give you learning ideas to explore at home – use your pack to help you!
You can also find video clips made and chosen by us and other teachers from the school.
I hope that you enjoy exploring the website and learning opportunities created for Parks class. If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the learning opportunities provided and have fun!
Katy Gidley and the Parks Team
Secondary Curriculum Overview
Microsoft Teams Guidance For Parents
- Please ensure you child joins his/her session in a shared space where you can monitor them. Ideal location is a living or dining room with a blank wall background
- Encourage you child if possible to blur or set their background to an appropriate static picture.
- Your child must not be joining Microsoft Teams from their bedroom.
- No pyjamas, pupils need to be dressed appropriately ready for the day.
- Pupils must not instigate one-to-one video calls with any teachers or T.As
- Parents and children should not be using the student’s login to gain access to the contact details of teachers or other students.
- Parents please be mindful that other pupils might see or hear and anything in the background.
- Parent and pupils must not use Microsoft Teams for any non-school related activity.
- Microsoft is not to be used if your child wishes to ‘chat’ online to a friend outside of the learning sessions.
- Please use the technology we have provided responsibly and respect and support our Gosden House staff as they use this new remote teaching tool.
- Any misuse of Microsoft Teams will be seen as a serious breach of trust and referred directly to the school designated Safeguarding Leads including the Head Teacher.
- Thrive Wellbeing toolkit for children up to age 11.pdf · version 1
- Thrive Wellbeing toolkit for children up to age 16
- House number hunt sheet
- Drawing My initials in Calder _ Miro Style 13th Jan
- Calder & Miro Art & Design
- Alka Seltzer Experiment and Alphabet Hunt.
- Be an Inventor + Family Dance-Off
- Character slinky Place value
Useful Mental Health Calendar
Some activities to do when you are feeling a little low.
- Bug Club link: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
- Education City link: https://go.educationcity.com/?_ga=2.64790890.490120485.1611753958-77830952.1611753958
- Audio books. https://play.calibreaudio.org.uk/
- Calibre Audio Library Free Audio books! - Word Document
Other Useful Resources:
Sleep Resources: Kindly shared with us by Freemantles School
- Sleep - Helping your child to self-settle, a summary - May 2020
- Sleep - Top tips to help your child to self-settle - May 2020
- Sleep - What is it, how does it impact us and how to get enough of it - Nov 2020