WELCOME TO SIMMONDS CLASS HOMEPAGE
The Simmonds Team
Class Teacher - Helen Coyte
Teaching Assistants - Harmony, Emma, Abi, Theresa, Christina
This is where you will find links to useful websites, learning resources and lots of activities that will keep you busy learning whilst at home.
There is a visual timetable to help you structure your day and identify times that we will be meeting online.
There are lots of videos to watch which give tips on how to use the resources in your pack.
We hope you enjoy exploring our web page.
Secondary Curriculum Overview
Microsoft Teams Guidance For Parents
- Please ensure you child joins his/her session in a shared space where you can monitor them. Ideal location is a living or dining room with a blank wall background
- Encourage you child if possible to blur or set their background to an appropriate static picture.
- Your child must not be joining Microsoft Teams from their bedroom.
- No pyjamas, pupils need to be dressed appropriately ready for the day.
- Pupils must not instigate one-to-one video calls with any teachers or T.As
- Parents and children should not be using the student’s login to gain access to the contact details of teachers or other students.
- Parents please be mindful that other pupils might see or hear and anything in the background.
- Parent and pupils must not use Microsoft Teams for any non-school related activity.
- Microsoft is not to be used if your child wishes to ‘chat’ online to a friend outside of the learning sessions.
- Please use the technology we have provided responsibly and respect and support our Gosden House staff as they use this new remote teaching tool.
- Any misuse of Microsoft Teams will be seen as a serious breach of trust and referred directly to the school designated Safeguarding Leads including the Head Teacher.
Other Useful Resources:
- Sleep Resources: Kindly shared with us by Freemantles School
- Thrive Wellbeing toolkit for children up to age 11.pdf · version 1
- Thrive Wellbeing toolkit for children up to age 16
- House number hunt sheet
- Activity cards for home learning wk 4
- Activity cards for home learning Simmonds
- Maths Activity Card, Simmonds
- English and Mths activity card, Simmonds
- English Activity Card, Simmonds
- Activity cards- Simmonds,
- activity cards - Simmonds
- PSHE Activity Cards, Simmonds
- Autumn Home learning cards
- D and T and Art home learning cards
- digging for letters english
- egg smash phonics
- playdough Activity card
- Secondary Home Learning Ideas
- what is it and memory game
- Bug Club link: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
- Education City link: https://go.educationcity.com/?_ga=2.64790890.490120485.1611753958-77830952.1611753958
- Audio books. https://play.calibreaudio.org.uk/
- Calibre Audio Library Free Audio books! - Word Document
- www.topmarks.co.uk – 5 – 7 years.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc stories and games
- http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/maths/ key stage one games
- http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/literacy/ Key stage one + online stories