WELCOME TO OWL CLASS
Year1/Year 2 EYFS/KS1
Hello Owls Class,
Welcome to your class page on the website. This is the home page for Owls class where you will find an introduction to the team members and lots of exciting learning opportunities!
You can find links to useful websites and learning resources use these to explore different learning opportunities and play online learning games. There is a visual timetable for you to use at home.
There is an abundance of activity cards designed by the teachers at Gosden that give you learning ideas to explore at home – use your pack to help you!
You can also find video clips made and chosen by us and other teachers from the school.
I hope that you enjoy exploring the website and learning opportunities created for Owls class.
If you have any questions please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much enjoy your learning!
Microsoft Teams Guidance For Parents
- Please ensure you child joins his/her session in a shared space where you can monitor them. Ideal location is a living or dining room with a blank wall background
- Encourage you child if possible to blur or set their background to an appropriate static picture.
- Your child must not be joining Microsoft Teams from their bedroom.
- No pyjamas, pupils need to be dressed appropriately ready for the day.
- Pupils must not instigate one-to-one video calls with any teachers or T.As
- Parents and children should not be using the student’s login to gain access to the contact details of teachers or other students.
- Parents please be mindful that other pupils might see or hear and anything in the background.
- Parent and pupils must not use Microsoft Teams for any non-school related activity.
- Microsoft is not to be used if your child wishes to ‘chat’ online to a friend outside of the learning sessions.
- Please use the technology we have provided responsibly and respect and support our Gosden House staff as they use this new remote teaching tool.
- Any misuse of Microsoft Teams will be seen as a serious breach of trust and referred directly to the school designated Safeguarding Leads including the Head Teacher.
Pre Reading Skills
- House number hunt sheet
Other Useful Resources:
Sleep Resources: Kindly shared with us by Freemantles School
- Sleep - Helping your child to self-settle, a summary - May 2020
- Sleep - Top tips to help your child to self-settle - May 2020
- Sleep - What is it, how does it impact us and how to get enough of it - Nov 2020
Microsoft teams will be used at set times to video call with your teacher (you will be made aware of these arrangements if in place). You can also use Microsoft teams to write about what you have been getting up to at home and sharing photos with your child’s class team.
Education city is accessible via your child’s log on (see included card for details) teacher’s will signpost suitable games for them to play and explore.
Other online resources that may be useful include:
- Bug Club link: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
- Education City link: https://go.educationcity.com/?_ga=2.64790890.490120485.1611753958-77830952.1611753958
- Audio books. https://play.calibreaudio.org.uk/
- Calibre Audio Library Free Audio books! - Word Document
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk – good range of maths games
- Cbeebies games
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/Phase2Menu.htm - phonics games
- http://www.familylearning.org.uk/phonics_games.html - phonics games
Things to watch on YouTube:
- Come outside
- Mr Tumble
- Watch people reading your favourite stories.
Things to watch on BBC iPlayer:
- Bed-time stories