Year 6 KS2
Teachers: Mrs Kneller - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Mrs McGee - Thursday, Friday
Teaching Assistants: Jane, Agnes and Morgan
Hello Woodpecker Class
Welcome to your home learning page on the website.
On here you will see who is in the Woodpecker Team as well as lots of fun home learning activities and ideas.
There are links to various online websites for resources and activities to help with your learning. You will find a visual timetable to help you plan your time to include learning time throughout your day.
There is a section with lots of activity cards for you to explore and try out. These have been created by the teachers at Gosden with lots of fun activities and ideas to help you develop your learning while at home. You have some of these in your home learning packs too. There is also a link to video clips we have chosen for you by various teachers across the school.
We hope you enjoy exploring these learning opportunities both online and in your packs.
If you have any questions or want to share what you have been learning (please do, we love to see what you have been doing) please do email us on:
The Woodpeckers Team
Microsoft Teams Guidance For Parents
- Please ensure you child joins his/her session in a shared space where you can monitor them. Ideal location is a living or dining room with a blank wall background
- Encourage you child if possible to blur or set their background to an appropriate static picture.
- Your child must not be joining Microsoft Teams from their bedroom.
- No pyjamas, pupils need to be dressed appropriately ready for the day.
- Pupils must not instigate one-to-one video calls with any teachers or T.As
- Parents and children should not be using the student’s login to gain access to the contact details of teachers or other students.
- Parents please be mindful that other pupils might see or hear and anything in the background.
- Parent and pupils must not use Microsoft Teams for any non-school related activity.
- Microsoft is not to be used if your child wishes to ‘chat’ online to a friend outside of the learning sessions.
- Please use the technology we have provided responsibly and respect and support our Gosden House staff as they use this new remote teaching tool.
- Any misuse of Microsoft Teams will be seen as a serious breach of trust and referred directly to the school designated Safeguarding Leads including the Head Teacher.
- House number hunt sheet
- toy tombola maths
- target practise phonics
- Sticks and make jelly
- shop game maths
- Reading and English cards
- Beat the Timer
- Back and Forth drawing game.
- Bug Club link: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
- Education City link: https://go.educationcity.com/?_ga=2.64790890.490120485.1611753958-77830952.1611753958
- Audio books. https://play.calibreaudio.org.uk/
- Calibre Audio Library Free Audio books! - Word Document
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk -good range of maths games
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources -phonics games
This website is great for suggesting books for children of all ages and abilities and also has some good resources.
- https://www.readingismagicfestival.com/events?tag=Ages%204-7 –stories to listen to
- https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/ -ebooks to read together
- http://thechildrensbookshow.com/news/what-makes-you-smile -illustrators share what makes them smile
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=bedtime+stories –cbeebies bedtime stories
- Come outside
- Mr Tumble